All employees under the Pooches of Poole business will be known as “Pooches of Poole”.
Under this agreement any of the dog services we provide can be accessed by the Pet Owner, providing that there is space on the required dates.
The agreement is valid for all future visits.
Please refer to our website for prices for our services.
This agreement refers only to any dog(s) legally owned by the Pet Owner (2nd, 3rd & 4th dogs must be from the same household for discounts for multiple dogs to apply):
The Pet Owner agrees to the following terms and conditions (Dog Walk/Day Care/Home Boarding):
· They must ensure that their dog(s) is wearing a collar with an ID Tag – if your dog is home boarding with us then they will be wearing a Pooches of Poole ID Tag for the duration of their stay.
· To provide all required leashes, harnesses, muzzles, jackets and collars. Pooches of Poole are not responsible for damage incurred by your dog escaping due to a faulty leash/collar or a collar that if not properly fitted. Collars must not be able to be pulled off over the dogs head.
· Agrees to provide all necessary instructions for Pooches of Poole to carry out their duties.
· To provide any medication or special instructions needed for each dog.
· To keep each dog up to date on all vaccinations, boosters, flea and worm treatment required to keep each of the dogs healthy, we do recommend they are vaccinated against kennel cough, the decision not to vaccinate is taken at the owner’s risk.
· The Pet Owner will not hold Pooches of Poole liable for any viral disease contracted while in their care.
· Must keep Pooches of Poole updated with new dates of vaccinations/boosters once they have been administered. Copies of current vaccination records must also be provided for our records. UNFORTUNATELY, IF WE DO NOT HAVE A COPY OF YOUR DOG(S) CURRENT VACCINATIONS THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STAY WITH US!!!
· All male dogs MUST be neutered, this is to ensure a responsible dynamic on our premises. Only exception to this is dog(s) that have been temperament tested by a qualified dog behaviorist.
· To inform Pooches of Poole IMMEDIATELY if your female dog is in season or you think she is due to come into season. We will not take any female dogs into our day care or home boarding if they are in season or showing signs of coming into season. While every effort will be made by Pooches of Poole to prevent pregnancy, we WILL NOT be held responsible should your dog become pregnant. It is your responsibility to have your dog spayed and we recommend that you do this to avoid unwanted pregnancies. If your dog comes into season or shows signs of coming into season while in our care then you must arrange immediate collection via your emergency contact or another nominated person.
· All dogs will be required to attend a familiarisation “Meet & Greet” session to ensure that the dog will be suitable for our dog services. Trial days/overnights may be required at the owners expense. Owners are required to make a full disclosure of any characteristics which may make their dog unsuitable for dog walking/day care or home boarding. Pooches of Poole reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund if behavioral issues are not fully disclosed. Behaviours such as territory scent marking within the home, being destructive, excessive barking, aggression towards other dogs or dogs displaying extreme anxiety behaviour may result in future booking being cancelled. Failure to disclose behaviour issues etc. could put other dogs and people at serious risk. Please be honest about any concerns.
· Pooches of Poole do not accept aggressive dogs, they must have no history of having attacked other animals or people/children. The Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for all costs (including but not limited to medical care, legal fees etc.) if their dog(s) should injure another animal. Any dog demonstrating uncontrollable or dangerous behaviour will be removed to the emergency contact or kennels at the owner’s expense. We will place the dog in a separate secure area of the house away from other dogs until your dog is collected.
· The Pet Owner will be considered liable for any damages, loss or injuries caused by their dogs while under the care of Pooches of Poole. Damages will include any damage that your dog(s) causes to any fixtures, fittings or furniture/items within our premises.
· Agrees that unless a “Solo Walk” is booked then Pooches of Poole may walk and care for the dog(s) in a pack of social dogs.
· Agrees that their dog’s wellbeing is paramount and agrees to him/her going into a quiet area for rest where necessary.
· Pooches of Poole is a multi-dog home boarding/day care/dog walking environment and can board multiple dogs from different families at one time. You agree to let us use our discretion to walk boarding dogs together and allow them to mix within the home and garden. You understand that the house is sectioned off using extra tall stair gates and doors to all dogs their own feeding space and sleeping spaces as well as for them to be able to get some alone time.
· We use toys, scatter feeders and treats to mentally stimulate your dog(s), at no time will will give rawhide treats and if they are brought to us we will send them back unused.
· Understand that their dog will be in an open play area (garden/house) & off lead in suitable outside areas (permission needed for off lead) and also understand that in normal dog play and agility that dogs may sustain injuries. All play is monitored to avoid injuries where possible but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments & other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
· Pooches of Poole will not be liable for any incidents that occur during the transportation of the dogs to a vet, kennel, clinic or pet owners home address. Pooches of Poole will not be liable for any injuries to the dog(s) that are caused by animals or people outside of our control (also see “Emergencies” Section for more details.
· Will pay any fees due for dog walking and dog day care within 14 days of the invoice date. Home Boarding fees are payable before the dog(s) is dropped off for the commencement of their stay.
· Keep Pooches of Poole updated to any change of contact details/emergency contact details as soon as they change.
· You may cancel the contract with written notice via certified mail or email. 7 days’ notice of cancellation of the contract is required, if 7 days’ notice is not given then you will be liable for 50% of the fees due for that period.
· You will be liable for 100% of any fees due for services not required at short notice i.e. dog walk/day care cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled services. Please see below in the home boarding section for details of fees due for cancellation of home boarding at short notice.
· All dog(s) are accepted at the owner’s risk. While every possible care and attention is given to each dog(s), we will not be held responsible for any injury, illness, loss or damage, howsoever arising. Any vets fees incurred during the dogs time with us will be covered by you the owner, this includes flea/tick and worm treatments if needed.
· Will bag up dry dog food into the amounts required for each meal for the duration of the stay. Unfortunately we do not have the room to store large bags of dry dog food especially when we are fully booked. Should you not provide enough food for your dog for the duration of their stay then any costs incurred by Pooches of Poole will be invoiced to you. We do not require you to bring dog bowls as we have plenty on site.
· If you dog(s) has been unwell with any sickness or diahorrea in the 48 hours prior to using our services, then you are not to send them for day care/home boarding. Cancellation fees apply as stated above.
· If your dog becomes unwell while in our day care, then we will apply our Isolation Procedure (available on request) and ask that you come and collect your dog as soon as possible. Any veterinary advice and costs we seek and get treatment for (if necessary) will be added to your final bill.
· Pooches of Poole reserves the right to cut short dog walking during extreme weather.
The Pet Owner agrees to the following terms and conditions (Dog Day Care & Home Boarding):
· Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday/Monday, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day and all other Bank Holidays are charged at Double Rate.
· You should drop off and collect the dog(s) (pick up and drop off services incur additional fees). If you need to nominate another person to do either, then we insist that you inform us of the name and phone number of the specified person to identify him or herself before removing the dog(s) from our care. ID will also be required in the form of driving license/passport before the dog(s) is released. The dog(s) will not be released to them without prior consent from you the owner and you will be liable for any extra day care/boarding charges should this occur. This is for the safety and security of your dog(s).
· Home Boarding – All dogs must be fully vaccinated at least 4 weeks before staying with us. It is your responsibility to vaccinate your dog(s). Vaccinations against Kennel Cough is recommended but not required. Pooches of Poole take no responsibility for your dog(s) contracting any viral disease while staying with us. All dogs must be up to date with flea and worm treatment. If your dog(s) become unwell whilst staying with us, then we will apply our Isolation Procedure (available on request) and contact you as soon as possible. If you are uncontactable then we will contact your stated emergency contact. If we feel it is not appropriate for your dog(s) to continue their stay due to their condition, we will ask that your emergency contact comes and collects the dog(s) as soon as possible.
· Pooches of Poole will find a new home for any dog(s) not collected 14 days after the due departure date if we cannot contact you. You as the pet owner agree to this and to pay all associated costs.
· Home Boarding Fees – are payable by the Pet Owner to Pooches of Poole prior to the dog(s) being dropped off for the commencement of this service.
· A non-refundable 20% deposit is payable to secure the home boarding booking. Cancellation of the booking within 7 days of the booking start date will lead to 50% of the full fees being payable.
· Boarding rates are charges per 24-hour period i.e. should you drop your dog(s) off at 3pm on Monday and collect at 9am on Tuesday (the next day) then the full 24 hour period is still payable. The 24-hour period starts from the time you drop your dog(s) with us.
· Home boarding dogs will be wearing an ID Tag with the contact details of Pooches of Poole during their stay.
· Dog Day Care (additional fees) - if additional hours are needed over the standard 10 hours booked (10 hours up to 24 hours) then we charge the Home Boarding rate for 24 hours (please see website for prices). Extra day care hours needed between 5-10 hours will be charged at full day care rates.
· We do not refund for “unused days” if you collect your dog early, all booked days are chargeable.
Pooches of Poole agree to the following terms & conditions:
· We will perform the duties listed by the Pet Owner to the best of their ability in a reliable and caring manner.
· We will supply and be equipped with dog waste disposal bags.
· We will maintain Public Liability Insurance at all times. Proof of such will be made available on request.
· We can cancel the contract in the same way as the pet owner.
· If we cancel your booked service, then we will forfeit the fees for the service that is planned for that period.
· We cannot accept any dog breeds listed under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 including Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro and Wolf Hybrids.
· Pooches of Poole has Public Liability Insurance however we cannot be held liable for any loss, injury, illness or death of a dog either inside or outside the home. It is recommended that owners have their own full insurance cover to cover all eventualities. We reserve the right to refuse a booking for uninsured dogs. Should any legal or other claim be made against your dog or I with regard to your dog whilst in the care of Pooches of Poole, all costs will be covered by the owner.
Paperwork & Keys
· All keys will be returned to the Pet Owner on termination of the contract or when requested.
· All keys/alarm codes/passcodes will be securely stored and keys attached to a novelty key ring which I can distinguish but will not relate to anything identifiable to the owner/booking paperwork. Paperwork relating to your dog is kept separate and secure away from keys. No personal details will be forwarded or passed to any third party.
· Pooches of Poole will not accept any responsibility for any owners property where they ask us to leave the key in a designated place outside their home. Therefore, we ask that all owners provide us with our own key for access, this key is kept in a locked safe at the Pooches of Poole business address. Alternatively access to a coded key safe is suitable if you do not wish to leave a key.
· Pooches of Poole will not be held liable for damage or loss to the pet owners property if the property is left unlocked by the pet owner. We will inform the pet owner as soon as possible if we find the property unlocked.
· Pooches of Poole agree to notify the Pet Owner or Emergency Contact on the phone number listed as soon as reasonably possible. If the Pet Owner/Emergency Contact cannot be reached or have chosen not to be contacted then Pooches of Poole are authorized to take any action deemed necessary to protect themselves, the Pet Owners dog(s) and other individuals, including requesting medical and veterinary treatment.
· All dogs are accepted at the Pet Owners risk. While every possible care and attention is given to each dog, Pooches of Poole cannot be held responsible for any injury, illness, loss, damage or death, howsoever arising.
· The Pet Owner and Pooches of Poole agree to indemnify and hold each other harmless from any and all claims or liability arising from their parties wilful or negligent action.
· All information you share about you and your dog(s) on the Registration Forms is not only a legal condition of the boarding license, but also essential to provide the best care for your dog(s) during their time with us.
· All information provided will be kept private and confidential and stored on a computer database located at the premises.
· Pooches of Poole will not pass any client information to a third party. All information relating to the client, their property and pet(s) will be stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
· Any clients who no longer wish to use our services will have their details destroyed in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. With the exception of any incident that has been logged in regards to your dog(s), this includes but is not limited to medical issues with your dog(s), dog on dog aggression or dog on human aggression.
· We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website through the “Contact Us” webform or provide us in any other way e.g. by email enquiry, phone call or Facebook messenger. This includes personally identifiable information in the form of name, email address, phone number and enquiry message. This information will be used to reply to your enquiry and stored on our client database for future communication for purposes such as but not limited to, response to enquiries, requests for payment, dog updates, booking arrangements, updates to your dog’s vaccinations record etc
· I agree for Pooches of Poole to take videos and photos of my dog(s) and post them to the official social media sites linked to Pooches of Poole.
· Force Majeure is taken to mean all circumstances out of the control of Pooches of Poole. It may include but not exclusive to Acts of God, War, Terrorism or Pandemic. If by reason of Force Majeure I am unable to receive your dog for admission, then I will not be deemed to be in breach of contract. I am not liable for any claim for loss or damage by you, including the costs of cancelling a holiday or securing alternative arrangements for boarding your dog(s).
Dog Day Care - "Michelle is my other mummy - I love her - she takes me to the beach and I am worn out by the end of the day!"
"Mummy loves getting lots of photos of me when I stay at Pooches of Poole - she can see I am very happy".
Luna enjoyed her stay, I got photo updates and she looked so at home - I am sure she was sulking when she came home as she missed all her play mates!!
Bailey had a fab time with Michelle, she is thoughtful and helpful. She sent me a lovely Christmas pic of Bailey. He will definitely be going to stay with Michelle again.
Wilf & Millie stayed for the first time today. A couple of posers. They seem absolutely fine and settled. Thumbs up from me and them. Wooftastic!!
"Daddy was nervous leaving me in day care for the first time, he had no need to worry as Michele loved and looked after me. We sent daddy updates during the day so he could see that I was a happy. I was a tired fur baby by the end of the day".